Which YubiKey should I buy?
You should select your YubiKey based on the services (i.e. websites and apps) and devices you want to use the Key with. Please see this in depth guide for a walkthrough of how to select the correct YubiKey for you!
How do I set up my YubiKey?
Please see our setup page here for instructions or follow the guide below.
The YubiKey works directly out of the package. There is no need for installation of softwares or drivers for the YubiKey to work as it is up to the service provider to implement support for the YubiKey. The set-up instructions therefore differ from service to service. In the step-by-step instructions below we have covered the basics of registering your YubiKey with a service that supports the protocols OTP and WebAuthn/FIDO2.
Please note that the initial set-up is usually easiest done through a computer. We also recommend you to set up your main YubiKey as well as your Spare Key at the same time. Please see here for more information on Spare Keys.
- Have your YubiKey ready as well as your Spare Key.
- Login to the service (i.e. websites and apps) you want to add the YubiKey to. Make sure the service has support for security keys.
- Find the account settings of the service and then look for security. From there you should be able to find an option for 2FA/MFA or adding security keys. As stated above, this process can differ between services.
- Follow the instructions given by the service provider.
- Register your main YubiKey and Spare Key.